Friday, August 8, 2008

Names for Grandmother

The other day Mana's teacher at church was talking about families to the kids (3 yrs and under). She asked who has a grandmother. Mana looked over at me and said "mom, I don't have a grandmother, right?" I laughed and said "of course you do Mana, you have Mormor and Tutu". After I said that, I realized that no wonder she didn't know she had grandmothers. Mormor is the Swedish word for grandmother, and Tutu is the Hawaiian word for grandmother. I guess we never bothered to tell her that before!
Then when the teacher asked who had cousins, Mana smiled and said "I have cousins! Uncle Lanndyn is my cousin!" Then I had to explain to her that Uncle Lanndyn is actually her uncle, but she's got lots of cousins like Lance, Erik, Kahanu, Lina, Masi, Wayne, T.J. Tiara, and Heavani.

No comments: