Friday, February 6, 2009

Baby tag

Alice tagged me, so here it goes:
Baby Tag!
1- Where were you when you first found out you were pregnant? Kawai - In our small one-room rental in SLO on Henry St.; Mana - in our rental house on Morro St. at midnight; miscarriage - in our condo on Laurel Ln; Alani - in our condo on Laurel Ln.
2- Who was with you? Just Robb
3 How did you find out that you were pregnant? Dollar Tree test
5- Your Husbands reaction? On top of the world for all of them!!
6- Who was the first person you told? Robb for all of them.
7-Did you plan to get pregnant? Yes
8-Was everybody happy for you? Mostly
9- Did you go out and celebrate? Not really
10- Did you want to find out the sex? Yes for all of them
11- What was the sex? Girls for all of them
12-Did anyone throw you a baby shower? Wow, people were so generous. Alyssa and Melissa gave me an R.S. shower; my boss Val gave me a work shower; and the Hula halau also gave me one for Kawai; for Mana and Alani, sweet Kristina insisted on having a "welcome baby party" at her house after the babies were born. Too nice!
14- Did you get any outfits at the baby shower that you just knew you weren't going to put on your baby? No way. Everybody I know has good taste.
15- How much weight did you gain? 35 - 38 lbs for all of them.
16- Did you loose all of the weight that you gained? Thanksfully, yes. I attribute it to the breastfeeding.
17- Did you get a lot of stretch marks? In the last week of Kawai's pregnancy, I got them on my hipbone and belly. I don't think the other 2 caused any more.
18- What did you crave the most? Tater tots, chocolate, corn chips and salsa, pickles(!); Chessmen cookies
20- Who or what got on your nerves the most? Clutter.
22- Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? Just placenta previa with Kawai.
23- Where were you when you went into labor? In bed at night with Kawai; water broke in middle of night with Mana after an hour long walk in the hills with Juleen; Went on evening walk with the family to get Alani's labor going, and just as we were returning to the backyard, labor started!
24- Did your water break? Yes, with all of them.
26- Did you go early or late? Kawai was 3 days late; Mana was 5 days late; Alani was 1 day late.
27- Who was in the room with you when you gave birth? Just the midwife, nurse and Robb for all of them.
28- Was it video taped? No way.
29- Did you have any drugs for the pain? None.
30-Did you go vaginal or have a c-section? vaginal
31- What was your first reaction after giving birth? Kawai - wow, I just got a big rock out of me and oh wow, I got a baby out of the deal too! Mana - thank goodness she's finally here, I could not go a minute longer; Alani - thankgoodness again, because 5 minutes ago they said I was at a 6-7 but I could feel her coming out and thought if that if I was not even in transition, then I would need drugs. But she came flying out on her own, I was the 1st to catch her!
32- How big was the baby(s)? Kawai - 7 lb 3 oz; Mana - 6 lb 10 oz; Alani - 7 lb 13 oz
35-Did the name have any significance to you? Of course. Kawailani was picked because Robb and I always liked the name Kawai, of Kawai Moa, and then he saw a Kawailani in his geneology. I will skip the middle names cuz it will take too long; Kaimana was picked because she could be called Kai if she were a boy, and I had been singing the Hawaiian version of Twinkle Little Star to Kawai while I was pregnant with Mana, and the word Kaimana kept coming up and I liked it; Keakeaalani - we both loved the song Keakeaalani and we thought the nickname Alani or Kea would be cute.
6-Does the baby's name fit? I think so....
37-Did the baby have any complications? Thank goodness nobody did.
38- How old is your baby today? 6, 4, and 22 months

I tag Jenn, Tami, Nicola, Arya and whoever wants to do this!

No comments: