Thursday, August 9, 2012

Happy Birthdays and Koa's Stats at 4 months

I've always loved August.  Since I'm born in August, that makes sense.  But actually, my entire year begins with August. My mental picture of a calendar is a circle, sort of like a roller coaster, and I am in the coaster pointed downward. August is at the top, and then as the year progresses, we roll downwards to January and then we climb back up to August.  I know Kawai shares my love of August since she's born 2 days after me. And when Anu is a little older, he will realize the significance of it too, since he was born at the end of the month.
So, Koa was 4.5 months old when he got his Dr. checkup this week.  We though he was getting close to maybe 18 lbs by now, and I was extra surprised to find out he's 19 lbs 7 ounces.  I looked at my records for the other 4 kids at 4 months, and until Koa, my heaviest was Anu at 17 lbs. So Koa, you got Anu beat by 2 pounds so far.
My Birthday pic with my cutie pies

Trying to make a totem pole of my kids...but it makes the one in back so tiny and the one in front so huge!

Okay, putting all the kids in one chair to make their heads more similar, but Kawai always looks the tiniest, sorry Kawai!

Trip to Ragged Point - end of summer staycation

Instagramming on the San Simeon Pier

Reminiscent of a photo of Robb with his Dad as a baby - gotta dig that one up to compare

My 2 sweetie pie guys at Ragged Point

No comments: