Friday, November 2, 2012

Our Halloween

Halloween left just about as quickly as it came. I realized if I don't get pictures up now, I won't ever remember what people dressed up as this year.  It was one of those years where I really felt that we shouldn't have to spend money just to dress up. I remember my parents' rule: go to the attic, open the red wooden trunk and find a costume.  It was always so fun. We'd trade off each year who got to wear the green witch mask, or the red devil mask with trident.  So that is what my kids did. Except we don't have an attic or a trunk. But they went into the toy room, opened the tupperware, and picked an outfit.  The witch dress Alani picked out made me smile. We did buy that about 5 years ago at the thrift shop, and I think it has been used all 5 years.  Definitely got it's money's worth.

And the funniest thing was that Keanu, the 3 year old, picked out a pirate costume, which I made for Kawai only about 2 years ago. I didn't want to tell him it was too big, because he seems completely fine with it.  As long as he was happy, that's all I cared about.  So, here is how it all ended up.
First off, here's a shot from Halloween 2010.  Recognize any costume?
Here's everybody waiting for Kawai to get home so we can get started on trick or treating!

Yay finally Kawai and Isabella showed up.  Ready or not, here we come!

Check out this pirate.  He's got the big costume I made for Kawai when she was 7 or 8. But he's got an earring,.  Awesome!

Mana is wearing a poodle-skirt and vampire teeth. Any guesses?  Yup, she's a 50s vampire.

And Alani, my beautiful witch.  This costume rocks.

And my adorable baby pumpkin. Recognize this in the top picture, except it was being worn by a blue-eyed boy  then.


No comments: